Saturday, March 15, 2014

The little things











I frequent our local church op-shop on a regular basis, there is always a bargain to be found!  It's only open on a Wednesday morning & the kids always ask at school/pre-school pick up, 'did you go to the op-shop today Mummy?'.  Harrison loves coming along for a rummage in the school holidays.
This Wednesday's haul was especially fruitful!  I had been on the look out for a few things & was happy to find a number of them this week.

Some Enid Blyton Faraway Tree books recommended to me by one of the Mum's at ballet.  I don't remember them from my childhood so I'm looking forward to reading them to the kids.
Cutlery just like my Nannie & Granadad had when I was a child.
A flower press, ready for a new craft project with the kids.
Cute books for our collection.
Baskets ready for our nature walks and market visits.
A mini picnic basket for Amelie as she'll collect anything and everything and loves to carry it around!
A cowboy hat for Harrison to go with his new cowboy tent, look out soon for a post on one of my latest craft projects!
Golden books that I had when I was a child.
Gem Irons just like Nannie had at her house, now to dig out a recipe to try making them!



2 comments: