Wednesday, December 31, 2014

51/52


"A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2014."

Harrison: Your last day of Year 1.
Amelie: Your last day of Preschool!
Finley: Helping to unpack.

Another crazy week with highs and lows.  We unpacked and found new homes for most of our belongings with only a few boxes outstanding before we left for New Zealand.

Harrison finished his second year at school, he's done so well this year and has a great bunch of friends, we're so proud with his achievements and how much he loves school.

Amelie had her last day at Preschool on Thursday, wow how the years have passed and we can't believe she starts school at the beginning of next year.  She has loved her time at preschool and learnt so much and we definitely feel both socially and academically she's ready for school.

Sadly Thursday brought very sad news from home that my Grandmother had passed away after going downhill in the last week.   After suffering from a long illness she can now be at peace.  I missed out by one day of seeing her in person but am so thankful that my Mum put the phone to her ear so she could hear my voice.  A truly wonderful woman who was a great inspiration to me in many aspects of my life, I have so many amazing memories that will stay with me forever.

Friday we travelled to New Zealand as planned for our Christmas holiday and were able to be in the loving support of our families.

No comments:

Post a Comment