Wednesday, December 31, 2014

52/52




"A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2014."

Harrison: Getting straight into playing with your Christmas presents.
Amelie: You love the ribbon on a stick just like a real gymnast!
Finley: Sitting at the table for Christmas lunch like a big boy!

We farewelled my Nannie at her funeral on Monday and it was a lovely celebration of her life and the talented and loving woman she was.  I'm so thankful we were home to be with all of the family at this time.

The kids have been counting down to Christmas and have loved being around both of our families and hanging out with their cousins.  They had a great time digging up potatoes in Grandad's garden ready for Christmas.
The Pohutukawa trees are in full bloom all around Auckland and are a great reminder to us how beautiful New Zealand is and how lovely it is to be back at Christmas time.
Christmas Eve came and the stockings were hung, a note to Santa was written and a few treats left out for him and the reindeer.  Two super excited kiddies come Christmas morning, and one who fed off their excitement not knowing what it was all about but joined in the fun!  All very spoilt with presents, an amazing Christmas meal at my in-laws and special time with family.
We travelled north Christmas night to have our Christmas celebration on Boxing Day with my family at my sister's new house in the country.  Another great day of family, food and lovely gifts followed by a fun day at the beach the next day as a family.  Harrison and Amelie loved trying out their Uncle's surf board in the estuary and Finley sat on the towel and didn't move the whole afternoon, he was so content just digging and playing in the sand!

Wow it's my 52nd and last post of 'The 52 Project' for 2014! I'm so pleased that I've stuck with it for the year and it is going to be so lovely looking back over them with a portrait of each of my kids for the whole year.  I'm looking forward to putting together a photo book in the coming months.  Thanks for your support this year reading my posts and commenting on my photos.  I've loved doing it and I can't wait to take part again in 2015, I hope you'll join me.

Wishing you and your family a Happy New Year and may 2015 bring you loads of fun and happiness.
Nat x

No comments:

Post a Comment